AL Senate District 25
Louie Albert Woolbright
Holt High School 1972
University of Alabama BA 1975, MA 1976, MA 1978
University of Chicago PhD 1985
Centers for Disease Control 1985-1991
Alabama Department of Public Health 1991-2015
Married with 4 children
Phi Beta Kappa
Numerous scientific publications
Taught courses at: University of Alabama, UAB, Shelton State Community College, Alabama State University
- Smaller, less intrusive government.
- Lower taxes
- More referendums and voter involvement in the political process
- Greater access to cannabis for treatment of mental and physical illnesses.
- Gun ownership under the second amendment
- Freedom of speech (No censorship of opinions by online platforms)
- Freedom to petition the government for a redress of wrongs
- Fewer regulations on small businesses
- End to the wars on terror and drugs
- The interest rate needs to be set by the market, not the Federal Reserve
- We need major reforms of the educational system to produce students who are ready to make a contribution to the state and nation.